I’ve never had imitation crab meat, and I’ve been seeing sushi swaps on TikTok a lot lately, so honestly I was really curious to try it which is how this recipe came to life! I think Austin and I were both really surprised by how great these sushi bowls turned out especially since it only took me ~5 mins to throw together once the rice was cooked
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with eating sushi if that’s what you’re craving! But I’ve been on an exercise kick lately, so I’m trying to fuel my body a little more mindfully This is a perfect example of a healthier, happy food swap.
A 12-piece California roll is 510 calories and 76g carbs, whereas I feel like I actually ate MORE in this bowl for 350 calories and 52 carbs
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 package imitation crab meat
- ½ avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- Sriracha to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Cook rice and divide between 2 bowls. While rice is cooking, shred “crab” meat, chop cucumber, and slice avocado. Then throw those in each bowl with the rice
- Drizzle each bowl with soy sauce. In a small separate bowl, mix mayo, sriracha, and about 1 teaspoon water, then spoon mixture over top the bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds then enjoy!