SUBMITTED BY: Alyssa & Howie! “This is one of our favorite casseroles to make for commuting, heats up well, good for lunch or dinner. It tastes better than pizza to us. But seriously... you can customize “toppings” however you want! Healthy & delicious, truly. ”
Calories per serving: 250 cal
Protein per serving: 13 g
Carbs per serving: 7g
Large head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
½ cup+ 2TBSP Parmesan cheese, grated & divided
2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, divided
3 cloves Garlic, minced
3 tablespoon Olive Oil Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
½ cup pizza sauce, divided
¾ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded & divided
2 oz Bacon (Bacon Bits, any bacon, to taste)
2 oz Pepperoni (to taste)
1 oz each Green Pepper, Red pepper, yellow pepper (optional)
1 oz Onion (optional)
*For vegetarian version: just exclude the bacon and pepperoni*
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Large Mixing Bowl- combine Cauliflower, ½ c parm cheese, 1TBS Italian Seasoning, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper. Toss ingredients are well combined and cauliflower is coated
3. Line a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake on top rack for 30 min
4. Transfer cauliflower back to mixing bowl. In bowl, add ¼ c pizza sauce & ¼ c mozz cheese. Toss ingredients until Cauliflower coated
5. Transfer cauliflower mixture to a casserole dish. Layer on remaining pizza sauce and mozz cheese. Top with bacon, pepperoni, bell peppers, onion. Sprinkle remaining 2TBS parm cheese & 1TSP italian seasoning over the top.
6. Reduce oven temp to 350 & bake for 20-30 min (OR until cheese browns a bit). Remove from oven and enjoy!
Alyssa & Howie make this all the time, you can’t mess it up, you’re simply mixing your own “pizza topping” ingredients. It’s good to eat in a corn/flour tortilla, or plain from the casserole! Stays good for days!