Today we’re going back to a basic “meat & potatoes” meal! I LOVE Mississippi roast, but the usual recipe isn’t necessarily the healthiest of dinners This version is much healthier and doesn’t sacrifice any flavor I also included a mashed cauliflower recipe to pair with the roast as a lower-carb substitute
My professional taster, Austin, says that this is the “best meal yet, hands down”
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 4 oz roast + ½ cup mashed cauliflower)
Calories per serving: 401 cal
Protein per serving: 29 g
Carbs per serving: 12 g
2 lbs chuck roast
1 packet dry ranch seasoning
4 tablespoon butter
5-6 pepperoncini peppers
Juice from ½ jar of peppers
Mashed cauliflower ingredients:
2 heads cauliflower
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon light sour cream
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chuck roast in slow cooker. Sprinkle dry ranch on top, and place butter and peppers on top. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
*Instapot users: place ½ cup beef broth and ½ jar of juice from peppers in pot, place beef on steam tray, top with butter, dry ranch, and peppers, and cook on high pressure for 90 mins*
2. Add cauliflower to pot and cover with water. Boil over medium-high heat for 10-15 min. When cauliflower is done, drain and lay on tea towel.
3. IMPORTANT STEP: either use a cheese cloth to drain the water from the cauliflower or press between 2 tea towels to remove all the water you can
3. Add cauliflower, garlic, sour cream, Parmesan, and salt & pepper to food processor and blend (you can also use a hand masher if need be)
4. Shred beef when done, serve with mashed cauliflower, and enjoy!