I have been SLACKING with posting lately - our engagement, work, and just the business of life got the best of me, BUT I’m back with the perfect workweek lunch prep and it only takes about 15 mins to make!
I am making a conscious effort to eat vegetables at every meal of the day (yes, even breakfast) but oftentimes a salad just isn’t appealing ♀️ Sneaking nutrient-rich vegetables like spinach into your every day meals is a great way to get tons of antioxidants, iron, vitamin K, and ~more~ without changing the flavor of your food!
Ham & Spinach Pinwheels
Nutrition per serving: 328 cal, Protein 25g, Carbs 30g (18g fiber!), Fat 18g
- 2 carb balance tortillas
- 6 slices deli ham
- ⅓ block reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach steamed down
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ¼ cup skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix steamed spinach with cream cheese and spread evenly on each tortilla. Then add 3 slices ham and roll up tightly! Slice each tortilla into 6ths and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- 2.- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds, then spoon mixture evenly on top of pinwheel slices. Sprinkle a bit of mozzarella on top of each and bake for 10-12 mins until cheese is melted and enjoy!
Leave a Reply