I can't wait to share this Greek Chicken Souvlaki recipe with you!
Since last time I’ve started a new job, bought a new house, got married, and just got back from our honeymoon!
We honeymooned in Greece for 10 days and truly had the most magical time ✨. I was LOVING the food, so of course I had to try to make some when I got back. I’ve made chicken souvlaki before, but after learning some new techniques I'm confident that this recipe is the best one yet!
Even though this recipe is for Greek Chicken Souvlaki skewers on the grill, you can cook this chicken any way. I've used the same marinade for whole chicken breasts, pan fried it, oven-baked it, and even air-fried it! It's so versatile and pairs well with so many recipes.
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Add all ingredients except chicken to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Cube chicken into ~1X1 in cubes, and add to bowl. Pour blended mixture over chicken and mix well with hands, then cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up your grill, and add chicken cubes onto skewer if desired. Grill on medium high heat for ~10-15 mins, rotating every 5 mins or so until the outside is a little charred and the insides are done, then enjoy!
Leave a Reply