These spring rolls are the PERFECT meal prep lunch, especially if you have to eat on the go! Have you ever tried to eat a salad in the car before? it’s a mess! This recipe is a great hand-held way to get tons of protein and veggies without all the mess ♀️ plus, they’re super tasty
Ginger Chicken Spring Rolls
- 2 cooked and shredded chicken breast
- ½ bell pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 2 scallions
- 1/ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 12 sheets rice paper
- Salt and pepper
- Sauce: 4 tablespoon light mayo + sriracha to taste + 1 teaspoon water *adds 23 cal per serving*
- Prep vegetables by cutting peppers, carrots, and cucumbers into thin strips, and cutting scallions (separate whites from greens).
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add scallion whites to pan and cook for ~30 seconds. Then cooked chicken, soy sauce, ginger and salt & pepper to pan and cook for 2-3 more mins.
- Prepare a large bowl of hot water. Dip rice paper into water for a few seconds until softened. Add chicken, carrots, peppers, cucumbers, and scallion greens to middle of wrapper. Wrap by folding in sides, then bottom, and rolling towards the top. Repeat until all fillings are gone.
- Make dipping sauce by mixing light mayo + sriracha to taste and a little bit of water, then enjoy!