Tried a new twist on a classic dish for this recipe! I wanted to just use one pie crust instead of two, because store bought crust can be high in fat (there’s nothing wrong with that of course, but I was trying to be conscious of my fat intake!) I also used chickpeas instead of potatoes to get a little more fiber and protein! This is a tasty, healthier comfort foods for those cold winter nights ❄️
Check out the recipe video on TikTok!
Easy Beef Pot Pie
Calories per serving: 381Nutrients per serving: 20g protein, 33g carbs, and 18g fat
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pie crust
- Olive oil spray
- Spices of choice I used onion powder, oregano, and black pepper
- Cook and drain ground beef and return to pan. Then add mixed vegetables, chickpeas, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and spices to the pan and stir well. When it starts to bubble, remove it from heat and transfer to pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 375. Lay pie crust over top pan and scallop the edges, then slit in 4 places. Spray with olive oil spray and bake for 35-45 mins until crust is browned. Then cut and enjoy!
Leave a Reply