I think I finally know why popcorn chicken has its name! On Delmarva Life this past week, I made some recipes using popcorn in untraditional ways - one of which was adding it to breading on your chicken! I was SHOOK when I tasted how crispy it made the chicken, and ran out the door with it right away for Austin to try (Just look at the difference between the popcorn breading and non-popcorn breading)❗️
You HAVE to try this for a lower-cal version of fried chicken, it might be my new favorite trick!
Please note: my kitchen helper was too tired from playing at daycare to assist me in the kitchen that day
Check out the recipe video on TikTok!
Crispy Popcorn Chicken
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 cup flour
- Seasonings of choice I used pepper, paprika, and garlic powder
- 2 cups popcorn popped plain
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Clean tenderloins (for a video on how to do this easily, check out my TikTok!). Meanwhile, preheat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Then in one bowl, mix Greek yogurt and egg whites, whisking well. In another bowl add flour, seasonings of chicken, and crushed popcorn.
- Dip each tenderloin into wet mix, then coat well in dry mixture, and add to pan with oil. Cool on each side for ~5-6 mins until chicken is done in the middle. Serve with sauce of choice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply