Accidental amazing recipe alert! So I absolutely did not make this recipe on purpose, but according to Austin it’s one of “the best things you’ve ever made - ever” ♀️ (which is a big deal considering he doesn’t even like mushrooms).
I was making spinach mushroom quiche for meal prep and had some filling left over, so I decided to try to turn it into a dip! Forget spinach artichoke dip this spinach mushroom dip is NEXT. LEVEL. It’s really easy to make and such a great item to bring to a party, or even just to keep in the fridge all for yourself
Creamy Spinach Dip
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped fresh/frozen spinach
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil if using squeeze basil, use ½ Tbsp
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 block reduced fat cream cheese cut into cubes
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and mushrooms and mice garlic. Spray pan with olive oil spray and add spinach (thaw it first according to the package if it’s frozen), mushrooms, and onions to pan and sauté for ~6-8 mins until onions start to caramelize and mushrooms brown.
- Add garlic and basil and cook for ~2 more mins. Then add milk, cream cheese, and Parmesan and stir continuously. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!