Just had to hop on to share this AWESOME chicken wild rice soup recipe I was even surprised on how well it turned out.
This meal has everything you need in one bowl: protein, carbs, fiber, and fat! You can’t get better than a well-balanced meal all in one warm, creamy soup.
Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Kickin Chicken seasoning
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 6 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups fairlife skim milk
- 2 packed cups spinach
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- Slice carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and mushrooms (if not pre-sliced). Add to instant pot or crockpot along with rice, broth, salt, Kickin Chicken, and thyme.
- Cook in instant pot on high pressure for 45 mins or in crockpot on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- When cooking is almost complete, melt butter in a pot on stovetop. Whisk in flour, then slowly whisk in milk a little at a time. When soup is done, whisk flour/milk mixture into soup.
- Add cooked chicken and spinach and stir well. Then enjoy!