Confession time! The last time Austin’s grandparents were in town, I tried to make enchiladas and FAILED miserably They tasted awful... Ever since then I’ve made it my mission to perfect my enchilada recipe, and I’ve finally done it (the key is to spice up your typical canned sauce)
I made these for meal prep this week and it made a HUGE batch, so if you’re looking for an exciting meal prep recipe with lots of protein and fiber, you found it
Check out the recipe video on TikTok!
- 1.5 lb meat I used 1 lb chicken and ½ lb lean beef
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup broth
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can low sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced green chiles
- ½ large white onion chopped
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar
- Cook meat of choice and set aside. In a small pan over medium heat, add olive oil and flour and whisk well. Then add enchilada sauce and broth and whisk again, bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in a small pan. When onions are almost done, add black beans and green chilies.
- Add ½ cup sauce to sprayed baking dish and spread around. Then assemble enchiladas by adding filling to the tortilla and roll it up tightly. Add to pan face down and repeat until filling is gone. Top with remaining sauce and cheese and bake at 400 for 20-25 mins. Serve and enjoy!