When I went to DC a few weeks ago, I ordered a taco that was made with a cheese shell and it was life changing Trying a cheese shell can be a great way to spice up your taco Tuesday without going crazy on carbs! I paired mine with some buffalo cauliflower for a vegetarian option
Servings: 3 (1 serving = 2 tacos)
Calories per serving: 361 cal
Protein per serving: 23 g
Carbs per serving: 34 g
1 head cauliflower
½ cup flour
¼ cup panko
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¾ cup skim milk
¼ cup buffalo sauce
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¾ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whole oven is heating, cut the head of cauliflower into chunks. In a bowl, whisk together flour, panko, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and milk. Then fold cauliflower chunks into mixture.
2. Spray pan with nonstick spray, scoop cauliflower into pan, and place in oven for 20 mins. Remove from oven, drizzle cauliflower with buffalo sauce and mix around on pan. Place back in the oven for 15 mins.
3. While cauliflower is cooking, combine cheddar and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Place parchment paper onto pan and make 6 circles of cheese (pics included - I only had room for 4 on this pan and 2 on another) and place in the oven with cauliflower for 10 mins until cheese is melted and edges start to brown.
4. Remove cheese from oven, use spatula to place over a rounded, skinny surface (pics included) to make a taco shell shape and let cool.
5. When cauliflower is done, remove from oven and let cook. Then fill your cheese shells with cauliflower and fixings of choice and enjoy!
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get early recipes, exclusive content, and more!
Leave a Reply