These stuffed tomatoes are such an easy all-in-one meal to pack for a work lunch, but are also a new and exciting recipe for dinner! Lately, many of my patients have been expressing a little boredom with the meals they make themselves. I find it common for people to think that eating “healthy” has to be grilled chicken and broccoli, or a salad. This recipe is a prime example to show that combining some common ingredients in a new way can really spice up your meal routine while still allowing you to stick to your nutrition goals
Calories per serving: 249 cal
Protein per serving: 30 g
Carbs per serving: 11 g
1 lb boneless skinless chicken (about 2 breasts)
4 oz goat cheese
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
¼ cup skim mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut chicken breasts into chunks, and add to pan with a spritz of olive oil. Cook on medium-high heat over stovetop for ~10 mins until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
2. Remove chicken from pan and place in bowl with goat cheese, vinegar, honey, basil, salt & pepper, and ½ bread crumb. Mix well.
3. Cut tops from tomatoes and scoop out inside to create little “tomato bowls” *picture included!
4. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
5. Spoon ¼ mixture into each tomato and sprinkle with a little mozzarella cheese . Spray cookie sheet with olive oil, then place tomatoes on the pan and stick in the oven for ~8 mins until cheese is melted
6. Remove from oven, top with other ½ bread crumbs, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply