This recipe is a super low-carb option to fulfill your craving for pasta, while keeping you full for hours! I have been eating this for lunch every day and it keeps me full all the way to dinner. This recipe turned out even better than I expected and is SUPER delicious!
Calories per serving: 378 cal
Protein per serving: 28 g
Carbs per serving: 3.2 g
1.5 lb chuck roast (once again, I used pre-cubed to save time)
1 spaghetti squash
1 container cherry tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
½ cup low-sodium pasta sauce
8 oz ball of mozzarella pearls (can use regular fresh mozzarella)
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Poke holes into spaghetti squash around diameter. Microwave whole squash for 4-5 mins (makes it easier to cut). Then cut in half.
2. Scoop out seeds from squash, spray insides with olive oil spray, and place on pan. Bake in oven of (375 degrees) face up for 40 mins.
3. While squash is cooking, spray pan with olive oil and place in cubed beef. Sauté over medium heat until beef is no longer pink in the center. Once beef is done, add cherry tomatoes (halved) and garlic. Sauté for an additional 10-15 mins.
4. Add pasta sauce and Italian to pan with beef, tomatoes, and garlic and stir. Remove from heat.
5. When spaghetti squash is done, shred the interior with a fork to make “noodle” shapes and scoop out of skin. Place squash “noodles” into pan with beef mixture and stir.
6. Add mozzarella cubes to mixture and enjoy