Don't worry if you missed last night’s episode of Delmarva Life where I made BBQ-ready recipes, I’ll share the video when it becomes available! With Memorial Day coming up, we know there’s going to be lots of BBQs, so if you’re looking for something fun & healthy to bring to a cookout, look no further than low carb burger bites!
These low carb burger bites are full of protein and iron to help you feel fuller longer and improve your oxygen flow (aka helping your body have more energy).
There’s nothing wrong with regular burgers, but if you’re trying to balance the happy with the healthy, this is a perfect recipe for you.
- 1 lb 97/4 lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Burger seasoning to taste
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 4 slices reduced fat cheddar each ripped into 6ths
- Toppings of choice I used tomatoes, pickles, and romaine
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Then, combine ground beef, egg, Panko, garlic, seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll into meatball-sized bites and add to the skillet. Cook for 8-10 mins (rotating bites often) until fully cooked. Then top with cheese, cover skillet, and allow to steam for an additional 2 mins.
- Then add to a toothpick with your favorite toppings and enjoy!